Role: Wireless System Engineer
Location: Remote or on location in Dublin, Ireland
About the Job: danalto is an exciting, innovative software company, providing solutions for the provision of ubiquitous
positioning intelligence for connected devices. To continue to build out our team, we are looking for a
systems engineer, as part of our Research and Technology team, to work in the areas of systems design,
modelling and specification for implementation by our Development and Integration team.
6+ years industry, academic or equivalent experience.
- Identifying, understanding and developing solutions to customers’ technical issues and creating
- Researching, analysing and trade-off analysis of approaches and alternative means of
designing and implementing functions and features in connected device/IoT applications.
- Designing and developing system simulations for algorithm validation prior to implementation,
plus ensuring system simulations are suitable for verifying and validating the follow on software
and hardware designs
- Designing location/positioning techniques and identifying trade-offs with implementation,
deployment constraints and customer issues
- Ensuring algorithms and architectures are suitable for implementation
- Providing solutions to deal with technical issues and advise on approaches to address customer
- Contributing and developing new algorithms and architectures that evolve and support the
company’s IP portfolio
- Defining and planning tasks and efforts required to meet with the company project goals
- Ensure that systems projects are coordinated with the other technical teams
- Mentor and assist other members of the Research and Development and other teams.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering or related – 2.1 or higher. MSc and/or
PhD qualifications are preferred.
- Very good interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative to come up with innovative solutions
- Good communication skills, verbal & written
- Experience in algorithm development for wireless systems at RF, channel access protocol, for
energy capacity and resource constrained, large scale distributed systems.
- Excellent knowledge of in certain simulation and design tools
- Solid background in Matlab/Python or equivalent simulation/evaluation platforms.
- Good relevant prior experience in systems/algorithm development
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.