Role: IoT Operations Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
About the Job:As part of the Operations team, you will be part of a range of client facing operation activities involving IoT devices, gateway infrastructure, operationalising the danalto solutions platform, as well as employing third party systems for solutions delivery and support. The Operations Engineer will configure, test and maintain IoT devices and systems; oversee and deploy such systems (in conjunction with partners and clients), including scheduled maintenance, across the whole IoT project lifecycle, including the recovery infrastructure from customer sites. This role may include leading the deployment and
support role for client’s projects. This includes executing pre-deployment on-site testing and site surveys to ensure seamless deployment of solutions and engaging with the Network Operations Centre to verify this.
3 – 6 years industry experience
- Program and configure IoT devices and systems using a range of programming and
- Adopt, configure and deploy test and programming tools according to
manufacturers or engineering guidelines.
- Operate this part software platforms for operations management and support,
including ticketing and fault tracking systems
- Test plan generation and execution, including system validation and staging testing, pre-deployment
- Hardware validation testing post hardware and software configuration
- Executing hardware fault root cause analysis
- Familiarity with mechanical and electrical systems, including powering. Electrical systems build and test – staging
- Execute deployment and repair instructions as required, including auditing of sensors placement and operation during scheduled site visits.
- Be pro-active in all health & safety issues relating to the role.
- Complete all admin work related to the role, including any reporting requirements.
- Carry out system performance standard evaluation, as required.
- Electrical or Mechanical background and has completed a level 6 Diploma course in a related discipline
- Software experience – C / C++/ Python – preferred • Field work / deployment experience, including system configuration and test of ICT equipment.
- Has a system view, comfortable working with both hardware and software.
- Can take initiative and work remotely, singly or as a small team.
- Delivering statutory requirements
- Working safely
- Flexible and pragmatic, with an eye for detail and is customer-centric
- Eager to learn
- Training would be provided for all duties and tasks, associated with this role.