Role: Junior Software Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
About the Job: Software plays a pivotal role in the delivery and development of our services. Software-defined services that enable real-time positioning of devices comprise a huge growth-area in meeting the needs of the digital economy and digital living. By enabling positioning in the Internet of Things, Danalto can offer existing roles software innovation in this area. Applications are sought for the role of software engineer as part of the development team working in the areas of Low Power Wide Area Networks and IoT device Services.
2+ years industry experience is ideal. We are also interested in recruiting university graduates or equivalents who have the required initiative to thrive in developing cutting-edge software.
- Software development in IoT Technologies for Low Power devices;
- Integration of backend services with device data;
- IoT front and backend software algorithm development, implementation and test;
- Data processing capabilities for IoT devices;
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to deliver a unique IoT service experience;
- AWS Service deployments.
- Excellent academic qualifications and communication skills, written and verbal;
- Completed a computer science, Engineering or software engineering related degree, ideally 2.1 or higher;
- A keen eye for detail and quality which should be reflected in your outputs;
- An ability to program and solve programming challenges in a high level language;
- A deep curiosity about programming and software in general;
- Interest and knowledge of the latest Cloud (Public and Private) technologies such asAWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack are an advantage;
- Can take initiative, singly or as a small team.
- Training would be provided for all duties and tasks, associated with this role.
- Essential skills:
- Django / Python or any object-oriented programming language
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- Testing, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Relational database design, data structures and algorithms
- Not all are essential but are desirable:
- Proficiency in Java / Node JS / C++ / C is also desirable
- Postgres / InfluxDB / DynamoDB
- Git / GitLab
- Docker / Docker Swarm
- AWS (EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, Serverless)
- React / frontend frameworks
- CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab mainly but experience with CircleCI/Jenkins)
- Experience with Agile
- Knowledge of Queues/Streams systems – RabbitMQ/Kafka/SQS
- Proficiency with code coverage and unit testing frameworks